AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely CANNOT find a Toshiba HDX (any size) on display anywhere in North or Central Florida or South Georgia. Anyone in this area seen one? I'm willing to drive a few hours!!!

Frank

Gainesville, FL

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^

Just trying to keep this on the first page. I'm making my purchase Saturday, and just want to be totally sure by seeing an HDX on display.

Frank

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi,

Your welcome to come over to my house but I live in NY. Bring the popcorn.

I did a lot of research on RPTV's before I bought mine. I couldn't find the newer HDX sets either. Therefore, I used the older H82 set for comparison against the Mits, Sony, Hitachi, etc. In every store the H82 was usually head and shoulders better then the other sets. In one store they had a SOny set that was about 2k more in price and this set was its equal. I would take the plunge and get the HDX82. It has DVI inputs too which is something I think you want on the back of your set.

Good Luck

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, upon hearing back from Toshiba customer support, I'm dang near positive there's not an HDX to be seen in north\\central Florida or south Georgia. :(

Looks like I won't be able to consider the Toshiba HDX's in my decision and will be getting the Hitachi SWX tomorrow. I doubt I'll regret it....hopefully I'll just never see one to compare it with! :p

Frank

Gainesville, FL

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fpulliam
Looks like I won't be able to consider the Toshiba HDX's in my decision and will be getting the Hitachi SWX tomorrow. I doubt I'll regret it....hopefully I'll just never see one to compare it with! :p
It's a shame you won't be able to compare the HDX's, but you should consider it Toshiba's loss, not your's. You'll be happy with the Hitachi. Don't fret about your decision.

John

·
Registered
449 Posts
Are any of these cities near you ?

Bonita Springs

Bradenton

Cape Coral

Deerfield Beech

Ft Myers

Fort Walton Beach

Ft Pierce

Miami

Naples

okeechobee (what a town name)

palmetto

stuart

summerfield

sunrise

venice

west palm beach ?

I wouldn't give up on the HDX so easily .. i think it is the superior set ..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did that "where to buy" on toshiba's website as well.

Closest one is about 4 hours away.... Given that I'm busy tonight and need to purchase the Hitachi tomorrow morning (due to coupon expirations and a local 10% off sale from 7a-10a), I just can't make it.

I'm going to view the H model one last time at Sears right after work. I know the HDX model is better than the H, but if the Hitachi just flat blows the H away, I'm going to do take the plunge.

Thanks for your help guys.

Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.