Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am having a few minor issues with the universal remote that comes with the Toshiba HDX82 RPTVs.

Is it possible to re-program the function of some of the buttons that control your other devices? For example:

1. Controlling RCA DirecTV ird: the "menu/enter" is conveniently placed in the middle of the 4 arrow buttons, but does not do anything with directv. So to send an "enter" to directv (for example, to switch to a program in the guide), you need to press the small "Action" button located far away on the remote. I tried both RCA Sat program codes.

2. Controling my audio receiver (Yamaha RX V75-a): when set to audio, the number keys on the remote select your input source on the receiver. PRoblem is, no key activates "V-AUX" or "TV/DBS" audio input sources. For some reason, remote buttons "3" and "4" do nothing - can i somehow program these to select these 2 input sources? There is only one Yamaha code.

Lastly, can you delete unused video input sources on the TV itself so you dont have to switch thru them all the time?

thanks

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Individual buttons on the remote are not programmable. A learning remote is required for this. Instead of cycling through the input, press the TV/Video button then the number of the input desired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.