AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the differences between Toshiba's LCos sets model 57HLX82 which has been out for awhile and the one due out in October, model 57HL83? I can't find too much info on the latter.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
It's not coming out in October, alas.

It is functionality equivalent to last year's model -- which has been out of production since March or so.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
It is purported to have 15% greater contrast ratio, due to improvements in the light engine and such. The actual availability date is unknown at present, due to a supply problem with the LCoS chips from Hitachi. Many are waiting to hear more....

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I give you my 100% guarentee that the web retailer who is selling the new LCOS set for $4900 is going to scam you. They will take your money and say its in the process of being shipped and you won't get your set until many months from now. Worse they will call you when the real toshiba LCOS sets arrive and tell you that you owe more money. Seen it a hundred times. Remember who was selling the set and don't buy from that website.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a review of the 57HL83 in the Oct. issue of DVD ETC. Fantastic praise! Does anyone know when this set will be available? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PQLover
There is a review of the 57HL83 in the Oct. issue of DVD ETC. Fantastic praise! Does anyone know when this set will be available? Thanks.
PQ, I can promise you one thing, when someone here knows ANY even hint or rumor about availability dates, you won't have to ask. There will be all kinds of buzz and flashing lights and trumpets. The news will be hard to miss.

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.