AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a post or comparison of the Mitsubishi and Toshiba? I am looking at a Mits WS-65809 and a Toshiba 65H81 for about same price. The Toshiba has a wider horizontal view which I need, but the Mits has a update guarantee. I think the Toshiba has more lines of resolution and 540P but I am not sure of other comparisons or which are more important. Any info and side by side sites would be appreciated. Also, has anyone seen the two units side by side? Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
They are both good sets. It will come down to personal preferences when making your decision. The Mits promise is a big plus. The resolution claim by Tosh is a bit misleading. Do a search on resolutions here to get more info. Spend some time at the dealer playing around with each one to find what best suits you. Remember, the set on the floor are usually not calibrated and look much better after they have been worked on. A side by side comparison in the showroom can be misleading. Mits are known for not looking all that good out of the box, but after being calibrated, look out...the end result is hard to beat if done right.

------------------

Kipp

IS THAT A REMOTE CONTROL IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE HDTV?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.