AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tring to decipher the meaning of Toshiba's line of Rear projections.


They have the ##HX93, ##H93 and the ##H83, where '##' refers to the screen size.


I've also seen older models advertised, ##H82 and ##HX82.


The Toshiba website does not do a very good job at describing the differences beyond the 93's seem to have HD tuners built in. Are the newer models much better than the older ones, because I've seen good prices on the older ones?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Joel Peskoff
They have the ##HX93, ##H93 and the ##H83, where '##' refers to the screen size.


I've also seen older models advertised, ##H82 and ##HX82.


The Toshiba website does not do a very good job at describing the differences beyond the 93's seem to have HD tuners built in. Are the newer models much better than the older ones, because I've seen good prices on the older ones?
Well, there aren't any "##H93" models, and I don't think there are any "##HX82" models either.


The "##HX93" and "##HX83" are their top-of-the-line Cinema Series.


The "##H83" is their one-level-down TheaterWide Series.


The "##H82" and "##HDX82" models are their (very) old models.


I find the Toshiba website does a great job describing the differences. Just select the "Detailed Specifications", and compare the lists of different features for various models. The "Detailed Specifications" lists are in basically the same order which makes such comparisons easy. Just put up two web browsers windows, side-by-side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I think you're right about "##HX82". But here's where I found a 65H93


However, I'm rethinking the Toshiba brand because so many claim reliability problems. If I do decide on a TOS, I'll get an extended warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Joel Peskoff
Thanks for your reply. I think you're right about "##HX82". But here's where I found a 65H93
Yea, you are right. Sorry about that. :rolleyes:


Toshiba does make a TheaterWide series with the built-in tuner, etc. I never noticed it before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Joel Peskoff
However, I'm rethinking the Toshiba brand because so many claim reliability problems. If I do decide on a TOS, I'll get an extended warranty.
Home Theater mag just ranked Toshiba #1 in performance, PQ, etc.


Personally, I haven't had any problems with mine.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
29,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WaltA
Home Theater mag just ranked Toshiba #1 in performance, PQ, etc.


Personally, I haven't had any problems with mine.
You should stop quoting that magazine... or more informed people are going to continue to question it... and point out how bad the magazine, the author and the article was.....


A 10 year old could give a better review of those rptvs......



Hometheater Ragazine... means nothing... and the Toshiba was calibrated and many others were not calibrated at all..... Unfair and biased.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Toshiba uses Hitachi projectors found in Hitachi's F series televisions. Have been told different things about either using a real mirror or mylar covered Plexiglas..... No real answer....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mfusick
You should stop quoting that magazine... or more informed people are going to continue to question it... and point out how bad the magazine, the author and the article was.....
Sorry that the truth seems to bother you so much.


I found the article very good, and quite correct, as most unbiased people would find.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top