AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ello, its a bit hard to figure out model runs on all the Toshiba DLPs.. Can someone help please... Thre is the 84,94 and 95 series.. what is what? Thanks

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFF
Ello, its a bit hard to figure out model runs on all the Toshiba DLPs.. Can someone help please... Thre is the 84,94 and 95 series.. what is what? Thanks
See below:

The nomenclature can be confusing but hear are the basics:

Of course the first number is the size of the TV,

H for High Def, A for Analog.

If theres an M, its a DLP, P for Plasma, L for LCD, (its CRT by default)

X is for Cinema Series

8* indicated no integrated tuner

9* indicates integrated ATSC/QAM tuner

* indicates model year 200*

In some of the previous years, they had a D in that indicated DVI, but they've dropped that since all of the new HDTVs have DVI or HDMI.

Also, there are new models that have a 1 preceding the tuner type and model year that are the 1080p models. (i.e.62MX195) For some reason they dropped the H with these models. :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your post was helpful, but my next question is what are the main diffs between the HM and the HMX? Or rather, the TheatreWide vs. the Cinema Series? Im wondering if its worth the extra 2-300 bucks for the Cinema.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I asked the same question. Seems to be the difference is that the Cinema Series (**MX195) has THINC feature that allows it to connect to a home network and a VGA input.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solecraft311
Your post was helpful, but my next question is what are the main diffs between the HM and the HMX? Or rather, the TheatreWide vs. the Cinema Series? Im wondering if its worth the extra 2-300 bucks for the Cinema.
Once you're spending this kind of money i would say it's definitely worth it to go for the extra $300 for the Networking features and enhancements. The possibilities of uses and software developments for the THINC feature alone make it very worthwhile. It will allow a certain amount of future-proofing that other 1080P sets won't have this year....

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solecraft311
With the older HM and HMX's the difference was the black bezel and the second HDMI input. Now the HM's and HMX's have dual HDMI inputs (with the exception of the 46HMX85 anyway) so it looks like the biggest difference between the current HM and HMX's is the HMX (or Cinema Series) has an all black finish in addition to the THINC and PC input as previously mentioned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.