1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Try Yahoo search on electronics...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Maybe you should try what I did to find this out. I phoned Toshiba Canada (you could try Toshiba USA) and asked them for the name of a dealer in my city. They got back to me in about a day.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bigbone61554
Hope i'm not breaking any rules.[/url]
You probably are, but Alan might not mind since it looks like he would be a better place to buy from than these guys (IMO).

--Darin

·
Registered
339 Posts
Does AVS sell the MT8?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just took delivery of my MT8 and hour ago. Isn't UPS (or any other carrier) just wonderful. The door bell rings and there it is. That's the good news. The bad news is the DVI and component cables come tomorrow. I'll just have to wait another day to see the light. Nothing long enough in the house to get the projector in the right spot. Well S-Video cable, but what I really want to see is HD off the SIR-TS160 and DVD from the Sony NS900V. Looks just like the Infocus except for the Toshiba badging. I will let you know more after I get baby fired up. In keeping with the rules I can't say how much, but it was not MSRP.

Robert

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am also interested in the MT8 could you email the info to me also :D

[email protected]

·
Registered
373 Posts
Can someone give warranty details?

Number of years?

Where d you have to purchase to receive warranty? (US only?, Authorized dealers only?)

What is lamp warranty?

Dead pixel policy?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Robert, please keep us posted as to your viewing experiences with the MT8. We still haven't been able to get confirmation on whether the MT8 is EXACTLY the same as the InFocus 7200 or not, anyone?

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
I assume that the MT8 has its own OEMed version of the software which is likely identical to the InFocus software except for perhaps the logo and menus.

So one thing to consider would be have quickly software maintenance releases would be available from OEMs vs. InFocus. For example, say InFocus comes out with a fireware update. How long would it take for Toshiba to make that update available? And where would you have to send the machine back to in order to have it flashed?

Also I wonder if could theoretically flash a MT8 with the InFocus software if it came down to really wanting an update that was available from InFocus but not Toshiba. That could work or it could also totally mess up the pj! I'd assume that doing so would likely void your warranty as well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't understand this 'best price censorship.' This is a public forum. I do not see this practice in the Rear Projection Threads.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Well, members of the public participate on the forum, but it is owned by private individuals who are in the business of selling AV gear. If they don't want prices, we have to live by their rules.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not to mention exact prices, but I am aware of at least one dealer offering the Infocus for several K below MSRP. If there is one, there will be more.

Paul

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.