AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 $100 rebate

The HD DVD Promotions Group today announced that Toshiba will be offering a month-long $100 rebate on new HD DVD players, bringing the entry-level list price for a stand-alone HD DVD player to a record-low $299.

Beginning this Sunday (May 20th) and continuing until June 16th, consumers buying Toshiba's HD-A2 model player will receive an an instant, in-store rebate of $100. During the final week of the promotion (from June 10th through June 16th), Toshiba will extend the $100 rebate to any Toshiba HD DVD player, and will offer an additional $100 rebate to consumers purchasing both an HD DVD player and a 42 inch (or larger) Toshiba HDTV.

PS- Matrix HD-DVD comes out the following Tuesday! Get your player get the Matrix
Not available on Bluray, but will be some day.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I just read that a couple hours ago. Just when I was thinking that the Blu-ray camp was catching up by releasing a $600 player bundled with 5 Blu-ray discs, the HD-DVD camp ups the ante in a major way.

Could we see $249 or even $199 player this christmas? If so, that would be insane. I'm not sure how the Blu-ray camp could compete with such slim margins.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
FYI, combine this with the 12% off BB coupon that RZ members got in the mail this week and get a VERY nice deal.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Does this rebate stack with the 5 free movie rebate? What's the actually bottom line here?

*EDIT* yes I see it does stack with the 5 free, but it doesn't work on other vendors whose prices are already$299 (or $295 in some places). I'm in the market for player for my dad. If we could swing $299-$100+5 free well, life would be good

·
Registered
824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeATL /forum/post/0

I just read that a couple hours ago. Just when I was thinking that the Blu-ray camp was catching up by releasing a $600 player bundled with 5 Blu-ray discs, the HD-DVD camp ups the ante in a major way.

Could we see $249 or even $199 player this christmas? If so, that would be insane. I'm not sure how the Blu-ray camp could compete with such slim margins.

toshiba said months ago if bd cuts prices they will too.this new promotion is not a surprize

·
Registered
304 Posts
YES! PRICE WAR! THE CONSUMER WINS! The Matrix looks sensational on my HD-A1 and toshiba 62" & Sony WV-50. Will have to check out the other 2 this weekend. Will be interesting to see if Pirates of the Carib I & II look as good on blu-ray when the shipment gets to me next week.

SAMSUNG FIX THE CHIP! IT STILL IS A PROBLEM! (Despite denials from Samsung)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.