1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new here, been doing some reading and i know i have lots more

threads to read.Wanted to know if anyone knew what the little red X

and arrow that is pointing diagonal in the right lower corner of the

content menu thumbnails meant. It's not on all contents only some.

Toshiba doesn't have a clue on what this means.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It means that title is copy protected, and you can't copy it to a DVD, or even the hard drive. Unfortunately, Toshibas are sensitive to copy protection signals.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc5 /forum/post/12909259

It means that title is copy protected, and you can't copy it to a DVD, or even the hard drive. Unfortunately, Toshibas are sensitive to copy protection signals.

Sorry if i didn't clarify , these movies are on the hard drive.I recorded them

from hbo,cinemax, etc, after reading your reply it occurred to me that i never

did try burn any with the red X's. I was saving them for later, in this

case two years late.You're right cannot burn them to dvd
but atleast they on

the hard drive. Thanks rickc5.

·
Registered
263 Posts
No need to clarify, I understood exactly what you meant. My XS32 and XS54 do the same thing. It's probably limited to specific channels depending on what cable/satellite system you have. Check some of the threads here about video stabilizers/enhancers like the Sima, DP-5000, and Grex, which you could put in the signal path before your XS52.

For the stuff already on your HDD, you could always run the output to another less CPRM-sensitive DVDR (with a loss in quality) if your recordings are really, really important. Or, it might be possible to play from the HDD and record on your XS52 if you put one of those devices between the output and input.

Something to keep in mind for the future: All hard drives eventually fail, and some folks here have been burnt by a bad HDD in their DVDR. So, it's a good idea to burn anything you'd hate to lose to DVD.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Can't you at least *move* these to DVD-RAM? I think that might work, and if someone can fiddle the bits on the DVD-RAM...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts