AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a 52" LCD and I think I have it narrowed down to these two sets. I can't seem to find much (if any) info on the 648 however, perhaps it's too new? From what I can tell, the only differences are that the 648 has built-in Dolby and has something called Crystal-Coat contrast enhancer...for $400 more. Anyone know more about the 52XV648U? Is the 52XV645U my best LCD bet if I'm looking to spend no more than 1600-1700? I also checked out the Sharp LC52D85U but people here seem to reccommend Toshiba over Sharp every time?

·
Registered
4,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezmondHume /forum/post/17034261

I'm in the market for a 52" LCD and I think I have it narrowed down to these two sets. I can't seem to find much (if any) info on the 648 however, perhaps it's too new? From what I can tell, the only differences are that the 648 has built-in Dolby and has something called Crystal-Coat contrast enhancer...for $400 more. Anyone know more about the 52XV648U? Is the 52XV645U my best LCD bet if I'm looking to spend no more than 1600-1700? I also checked out the Sharp LC52D85U but people here seem to reccommend Toshiba over Sharp every time?

Stay away from the Sharp. That series still has banding issues. The Toshiba from most accounts so far seems like a solid set. I'm actually pushing my brother-in-law in the direction of the xv645U, probably in 46" flavor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts