AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toshiba SD-3750 DVD player, and I would like to watch some DVDs on with DIY projector....

PLEASE NOTE: I have no desire to copy anything! I just want to watch some movies.

My projector has S-video and composite inputs, and when using either with the DVD player, I get the dreaded "fade cycle" MacroVision. This makes viewing very difficult (I would rather watch them on my 19" junk CRT TV). I know that there are some cheap "stabilizers", like this , but that would limit me to using my composite input.....and I'm not even sure if it would solve my problem.

I have tried feeding the video through my AV receiver, and this offered no benefit (after reading up on MV, I now know why).

I know you probably get these questions from newbies all the time, but do you have any suggestions to offer? It is frustrating to have perfectly good equipment that I paid hard-earned money for and not be able to use it for its intended purpose :( .

I just want to watch some movies! :confused:

Thanks in advance,

fender4

·
Registered
726 Posts
I don't know if it would work for you, but the Sima Color Corrector could help you.

I looked up a mod at jvbdigital.com and it doesn't do anything for Macrovision on your model, only region. Maybe someone else has done a better mod?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, Jeff! I have seen some stabilizers/correctors that include a disclaimer that state something like "not Toshiba compatible". It makes me wonder if Toshiba does something that others don't in regard to copy protection (or in my case, it protects me from fair use!).

If there is a hard mod that could be done, I'm definitely up for it. I am comfortable with circuit building/modding. If anyone knows of any, please post away!

I'm fairly frustrated with the situation right now, because it seems that I need to spend an additional $100 to just get this thing work. Not good for a student budget. I might just sell it and start saving for a HTPC. :confused:

Thanks again,

f4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.