AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Best Buy to look at the SD-3900 and they didn't have any in stock but right above the display were boxes the SD-3950.

Anybody know what the 3950 is? I can't even find it on Toshiba's site.

·
Registered
765 Posts
NRA - if you go to the abt electronics website, there is a pdf available for the Toshiba SD-3950. Just look under "DVD Players". I tried to post a link to the pdf only but the system won't let me. I did download a copy, so you could also PM me and I will email it to you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think the Toshiba 3950 replaces the 3900. It has better and nicer GUI, faster access to features (audio, video adjustments ...) via buttons from the remote control. However it is NOT a multiregion player as the 3900.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Chroma Up-sampling Error (reds can look cross-hatched like in the Toy Story tittle screen). I really doubt Tosh or Sony will ever fix their CUE as it's not noticed by 95% of the general public. Tosh 3950 still uses Zoran chipset for 480p which is decent but not as good as Faroudja DCDi. It does have nice zoom, color controls, and some XY scaling for non-anamorphics. It's the same video gut as the older 3750.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Quote:
I really doubt Tosh or Sony will ever fix their CUE as it's not noticed by 95% of the general public.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Sony did fix the CUE - at least that's what someone (Kris? Don?) from Secrets reported in a post here a month or two back.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Huey
Chroma Up-sampling Error (reds can look cross-hatched like in the Toy Story tittle screen). I really doubt Tosh or Sony will ever fix their CUE as it's not noticed by 95% of the general public. Tosh 3950 still uses Zoran chipset for 480p which is decent but not as good as Faroudja DCDi. It does have nice zoom, color controls, and some XY scaling for non-anamorphics. It's the same video gut as the older 3750.
How does the Zoran chipset compare to the trident chip in my AVT-3700?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.