AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this player/TIVO recorder in the BestBuy AD a week or so ago. Does anyone own one of these? What are you thoughts on the unit? Both in respect to the DVD functionality and the TIVO recording using only the basic service. I would be hooking the player up to Samsung HD DirecTV satellite receiver. Is anyone using the player/recorder in a similar situation.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Ok, I guess you know this, making it clear.

This is a DVD **PLAYER** along with Tivo Basic functionality. There is another one that is a DVD recorder with Tivo Basic functionality.

I have not seen it with my own eyes, but based upon all of the descriptions, Tivo Basic is similar to using manual recordings for everything. There are NO season passes. Apparently you can use repeating manual recordings (vaguely analogous to VCR recordings). Also you can pick recording manually via the 3 days of supplied guide data.

Again, some of this may be wrong, but it's based upon what I've read in the newsgroup and the tivocommunity site.

You can of course pay the monthly/lifetime fee to upgrade to the full Tivo service.. (and the full service is required to get the HMO functions if you want them too).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.