AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Costco in Spokane started carrying this Toshiba progressive scan player for $189 and I've never heard of this model before. It's not listed on Toshiba's web site. Anybody know anything about it?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I believe it's the SD-3750 that's made for Costco only. I think it's a decent deal although for a little more money, Panasonic RP-56 may be better. You can find RP-56 for $200 on internet. Toshiba tends to have the Chroma bug although it's not noticeable to me :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am tempting to get this one home just to try. Its box and front panel boasted 192hz/24bit audio. The RP56 got 96hz/24bit. I've compared the RP91 and RP56, and there is noticeable difference in audio performance between 192 and 96hz.

IF the Tosh used the Sage chip, then this is a great bargain!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same as Toshiba SD-3750 and it is a great player.

I sold my Pioneer Elite and got this one picture is life like

I just couldn't believe around $200 you can get quality DVD players like Toshiba SD-K700.

Good luck

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Charles, I also have the Toshiba SD-3750 Progressive and I am thrilled with it. I never tried the Panny 56 but the sage chip is one of the best out there (if not the best). The deciding factor(s) for me was the overall Toshiba reputation in the DVD market and the great consumer reviews. Also for the life of me I can't see buying a DVD player in the $200 price range that does not have a zooooom feature. I know some people do not care for a zoom feature but it is nice to know it is there if you need it. As for the chroma bug I cant say much because I have not noticed it if it is present. All I see is a super sharp picture with great color on my Sony 32 inch Trinitron. Sound wise the SD-3750 wired to my Sony 5.1 DD receiver is just awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.