AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am anxiously awaiting a real HDTV TIVO so I can enjoy my Wega in my bedroom and my NEC projector in my living room. I saw this product http://www.onecall.com/NewAndHot.mpt?ProductID=20507 which claims to have hdtv, but it only has components OUT. Now if I have Comcast cable and they have digital/hdtv signals on HBO/Show, etc., if I hook up my HDTV Comcast cable box via the coaxial in on the Toshiba, then go component out to my tv, will that really be hdtv? Or do I have to have component in on the Toshiba for it to really be HD?

I guess part of the question is: is the coaxial output on a Comcast cable box as good as the component output?

Thanx much guys. Not sure why TIVO and partners are slacking so badly on this and not releasing the dang HD units.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I don't see anywhere in this link that it mentions this unit is HDTV compatible. It is not. It is NTSC only.

-phil

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
The HDTV DirecTivos are still around six months off.

There is still no word yet on when we will see a standalone HDTV Tivo (for use with OTA channels), but I doubt it will be in the first half of next year.

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
The presence of component video on this device would be mostly to support progressive scan DVD video, though it's very cool that it outputs TiVo video through it (the last bunch of ReplayTV models had that). It seems to apply its scaling/deinterlacing to TiVo output, which is also extremely cool.

Of course, its still not HD. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, just making sure. Does anyone have a good solution to having a nice HD tv, a HD cable company, then ruining it all by running your cable thru your TIVO? I thought about putting the TIVO thru the PC and then upscaling it. That or just get rid of the TIVO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.