AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my subject indicates, I am wondering if there is a way to reset the service level convergence of a Toshiba 40H80. I compensated for some geometry errors using the service level convergence, but thought that this might put unneccesary strain on the convergence board of the set.

I know that a full eeprom QA2 reset is a last resort, but will it reset the service level convergence?

Marc.

·
Registered
436 Posts
There is no way to erase the service convergence memories, including the QA02 reset.

If you want to gauge how much stress your putting on your convergence STK's, pay close attention to the service convergence grid when it "collapses" on exit. The fully collapsed grid is the grid after bypassing all electronic convergence IC's.

You want to compare it's center to your service convergence's center and also try to observe overal linearity. Unfortunately, you only get a second or two to do this. The designer menu has a param (CMUT) that let's you selectively disengage the convergence STK's so you can leave this pattern on screen and then use it for mechanical centering, tilt adjustments, etc., but the designer menu disappeared starting with the H80's...

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.