AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in a WXGA projector with compact dimensions for $400 for a new bulb every 1000 hours.

Anyone know the scoop on the bulb in this pj ?

·
Banned
770 Posts
Ike, I just confirmed with Toshiba that the lamp life is acually 2000 hours on the unit. Projectorcentral is a good resource for things but they often have incorrect specs on their site. Do not take them as gospel.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much AJ. That makes this projector very appealing to me. I wish there were more people on this board who had experience with this pj.

·
Banned
770 Posts
Well I don't own it, but I've used it many times. To be honest it's my favorite LCD16:9 machine. Awesome picture after a little tweaking (and don't ask what tweaking because it really will depend on the machine you buy). Color and contrast are a bit out of whack out of the box, but it really doesn't take long to dial in. The quietest machine I have EVER heard. Dead silent.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This looks like a great unit. I've seen some pretty good prices on the net. B-stock prices are really good.

The only other drawback I see is the throw distance. If this had a short-throw like the Panasonic pj's, I'd buy it today. I'm limited to appx. a 10.7 ft. throw distance. I'd like to get the 16:9 pic a little closer to 100" diag. than this pj will get me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.