AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here seen the new super-bargain Toshiba projector?

I have a coworker looking at FP, and the Toshiba at under $1500 is pretty tempting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I physically saw it, but not in action. The 1400 lumens at this price point is attractive, but one thing I noticed was 39db sound level - sucker is loud.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Best buy is advertising it in this weeks ad.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
im tempted to make them fire it up if they have any of them to display.. compusa has them but thier display doesnt work right.. and i hate having someone try to explain to me the finer points of someting they know nothing about.. oh and the fact they have this small display so you cant see what it truely looks like.. though again i have been tempted to make them take it back to one of the classrooms and display it for me.. now thats an idea.. would be easier to do that at compusa then at best buy since best buy doesnt have any class rooms.. would be nice to see them over in the tv section but they wont have them over there.. oh and as far as noise?? put it in a box shooting out of a port hole..

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
has anyone demoed this in a decent enviroment? how bout a lossy enviroment but full screen rather then the 1' compusa screen

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found myself in a BestBuy before Christmas, and asked about the projector. They didn't have any at my local BB. I'll try going to the CompUSA, perhaps this coming weekend.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
have your co-worker check out the sanyo z1 or if dlp isn't a problem, the x1. Hell, even the Ae200 would be a better choice.

They'll be better than that Toshiba...especially the z1 since it is also LCD. Man...the z1 will kill that thing in PQ and its slight increase in price would be worth it.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
hmm rlindo have you seen this little pj?? for 1300 i dont think it will be all that bad.. how much is the z1 x1 or ae200.. i know i cant seem to locate the as200 in the states.. oh and i like the fact i can pick it up today for 1300..

oh so rlindo since i am SURE you have seen this pj how was it?? was the fan that loud? how bout lighting and lumins?.. oh so i take it you havent and just because of the price its a POS.

I did see it and it was at that stupid display they have.. couldnt get anyone to stop and talk to me about it.. i was wanting to take it into the back room and demo it..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.