AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bars you describe are most likely the result of a ground loop. You need to disconnect everything from the set and see if they are still there. If so the set probably needs service. If not, make the connections one at a time and see what introduces the problem. I had the problem you described, and it was caused by the cable TV connection. I needed to build an ISOLATION device, which can be two 300 to 75 ohm transformers back to back [75->300-300->75], however they have to be of the isolation type, you may have to try a few since they all don't necessarily isolate.

hope that helps.

------------------

Steve,

(STOP DFAST SUPPORTER)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just last week I noticed a video problem on my set. The only other post here which seems to describe the same problem is http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Archives...-2-002832.html Basically I see bars scrolling up from the bottom of the set, more apparent when watching a DVD with component input and its a dark scene.

I've tried disconnecting everything from the set but nothing changes. I've tried going through a Monstser HTS3500 in case if was the AC in my house, but no luck.

Another few more things I've noticed is that if the lights are off, I can goto Video1/2/3 and even though nothing is connected, I'll still see the horizontal bar/bars scrolling from bottom to top. On top of that I can see faint signal in those video modes, sortof like watching water ripples. Where is this signal coming from? The Colorstream inputs (if unused) are totally black...no signal.

While trying to troubleshoot this problem, I also noticed I have a faint VERTICAL bar to the right of the center that does not move. Its maybe 2 inches wide.

I also see a red "glow" on the far right of the screen in dark scenes, and my focus is off only in the bottom middle. From what I've read you cannot adjust focus to a particular region of the screen only right? So I'm stuck with that problem I guess.

Thanks for you help,

Frank

·
Registered
70 Posts
I literally just called Best buy to have my 40h80 repaired for similar reasons that you are describing. Except the vertical lines i see are four sets of vertical blue lines and they don't move. The red glow that you are talking about is all over my tv and on every input. the repair service can't dispatch until thursday, so i guess it won't hurt to try the advise listed above. I've only had the set for two months now, so this **** shouldn't happen. Maybe they can fix that 3:2 pulldown prob since the set was made on Jan 2001. does anyone know if they replace the tv if they can't service it at the house or am i going to be waiting awhile before i can get my hdtv back?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.