AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the vintage Toshiba TW65H80 (purchased in November 1999) and am trying to connect to a Hughes E86 receiver (arrived yesterday).

The Toshiba has a DTV interface that the manual says accepts 1080i, 480p, and 480i signals. They are labeled Y, Cr, and Cb. (The specification section lists Y as 1V P-P at 75 Ohm; Cr as 0.7V P-P at 75 Ohm; and Cb as 0.7V P-P at 75 Ohm.) Further there is no mention in the Toshiba manual of the EIA 770.3 signal standard.

Has anyone else used the DTV interface into a Toshiba TW65H80 or other model of the same series and/or does anyone know if these outputs compatible with the Hughes output jacks Y, Pb, and Pr??

IMHO, the early Toshiba was created prior to the "standard" labeling using "C" for color difference instead of "P" (progressive??) but I would like to gather other opinions prior to connection. (...while I get the dish mounted.)

Thanks in Advance!

NE

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NakedEngineer:
The Toshiba has a DTV interface that the manual says accepts 1080i, 480p, and 480i signals. They are labeled Y, Cr, and Cb. (The specification section lists Y as 1V P-P at 75 Ohm; Cr as 0.7V P-P at 75 Ohm; and Cb as 0.7V P-P at 75 Ohm.) Further there is no mention in the Toshiba manual of the EIA 770.3 signal standard.

yes, the tosh "colorstream" ports are just vanilla component inputs. It works just fine with my Sony PS2 component output.

Damn silly marketing.

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
I believe this should work with no problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses!

The Toshiba Y, Cr, Cb, did indeed accept the Hughes Y, Pr, Pb outputs.

...and the result is unbelievable! HD is awesome!

Funny thing, I really don't miss those trees!

NE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.