AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, ive done some researching but i want to get some information myself before digging into it.

got the tv from a freinds parents who said it freaks out after a while, i figured it was a convergence problem

got the tv home let it warm up for like 10 mins and set the convergence, good picture and a good grin on my face becuase ive never owned a tv bigger then 22" and i watched it for 10 mins no prob

then i let it sit for an hour to see if i could get it to "freak out" like they said, and yep when i got back after an hour the convergence was out of whack. i went to set it again, and then after a couple mins it looses the convergence, some time ill set red and then set blue and as im setting blue ill watch red pop back out

is this just me needing to replces the stk's? or is this something more serious becuase it keeps loosing it in minutes

thanks

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Certainly sounds like conv IC failure.

Betting IC repair would clear this up nicely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont know much about the technology, would this be 1 intergrated circuit or a couple, i know ic's are generaly pretty cheap so thats good, but then im not sure how many pins an ic in a TV would have, hopefully not to many so the solderings not a pain.

i wouldent even know where to look for the bad ic on the board, any good reasrch links to check out about this tv or similar?

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.