AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the practical limits to extending the length of a TOSLINK cable?

Am I out of my mind to consider a 12 meter run?

Having extended an HDTV feed using an INLINE 3252 component distribution device, I am limited to normal stereo in that room. If I can pipe the TOSLINK to the same setup I'll have 100% replication.

??

regards,

patrick

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Patrick: It was suggested to me to buy an optical to coax digital converter and then just use a 12 meter run of RG6 with RCA ends on it to your receiver's coax digital input. Parts Express sells one of these converters with PS for less than $20.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Merc.

The Parts Express "search" mechanism is limited and I am struggling to define the thingie you referred to in terms it can understand.

Any help? In advance, thanks for the pointer.

regrds,

patrick

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi Patrick,

How have you been?

Markertek has Toslink (and, in fact, video cables capable of 300mhz bandwidth, but not in their catalog)

cables. These are the only cables they do not assemble themselves. (All others are made from Canere cables.)

I received a 50', a 6' and a Toslink coupler to run the 55' that I need to extend some hd into another room. They sell, as does RS, toslink splitters to split the digital signal for your two rooms. I paid $50 for the 50' custom cable and $24 for the 6' one, and about $4 for the coupler.

Call or email me if you want to know the details of my new second system for hd video or for the contact person for cables at Markertek.

Shelly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.