AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make an toslink or Digital Coax switcher?

This is my problem. I have an older Denon AVR3200 receiver. It has one coax and one toslink digital input. I have three devices that need to be connected; JVC 30K DVHS, Samsung SIRT165 and DVD player.

Right now I'm just running the samsung 165 to my samsung DLP getting no digital signal.

I can't afford to by a new receiver right now, just wondered if they have any switchers that would work.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
22,170 Posts
Radio Shack has 'em.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, found that. It's $30.

Now does anyone have one that I can switch via IR (Pronto)? The RS model has a manual switch on the top. Which will work, but it would be nice to be able to control it without getting out of my seat ;)

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That one looks good. I have a question though.

I want to hook up my Samsung SIRT165 OTA receiver, JVC DVHS, DVD, and another DVD. But the 165 will always be sending a signal, but If I start a movie in the DVHS, they will both be sending a signal at the same time then. What does the switch when that happens?

Thanks for the link!!

Jeff

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the more I think about it, I can make it work.

My receiver has one Coax and one Toslink. I can use the coax on the 165 and have everything else run through the Audio Authority switch.

Thanks,

Jeff

Still curious what happens if two things are sending a signal though.

UPDATE - I should have read about the model 1177. I see you can set a priority. Nevermind about that question.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Your solution should work but FYI the AA 1177 prioritizes it's inputs according to input numbers. So if you connected the 165 to input #4 any other active source would override it. The benefit to this is you would never have to switch inputs on your receiver for the digital signals.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.