AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 35 foot by 18 foot basement room (9.5 feet high) which will be the home theater. Construction starts in October.

I've read all you say (well, not all. but a lot). It seems nearly all the threads deal with construction of drywall over a wooden frame.

My issue is - I have a totally concrete slab and brick surround - slab floor, brick walls and slab ceiling, Doubt if I have a sound problem upstairs with this (as long as I get the right doors) BUT what about the room itself?? Can anybody direct me to a thread that discusses this?

If I'm not worried about sound escaping the room itself do I need to be more worried about in-room reflections? Do the double-sheetrock-with-green-glue plans in this forum work just as well within a concrete box?

thanks

D

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
We've done a room like that with almost the same dimensions. You are still interested in sound isolation (external sounds into the room). The bigger issue with such rooms is control of bass reponse and, of course, in room decay times. The fact the room is all concrete doesn't alter the need for sound acoustic design; but, does add some twists of it's own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.