AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just got a second showstopper (pv-hs3000) and can't seem to do anything right. I'm connecting to a comcast digital cable box by motorola (I think its a 2000 or 2200). I've tried every ir code, every connection possible. I either can't change channels OR get the dreaded no video signal detected. I've togggled between input/output 1 and 2, tried s-vid and composite. I never had this prob with my orignal 7 year old unit. Any advice? I feel like a total moron

·
Registered
412 Posts
first off start with the basics ..

do you get a signal from the cable box with a tv connected to it?

do you get a signal from the pvr when the tv is connected to it ?

when you KNOW a signal is comming from the cable box ( rca or svid ) then connect the pvr to tv and cable to pvr .. anything?

once all that is straightened out .. then you can fiddle with the ir blaster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get a signal after trial and error, pictures great. can change with cable box remote, but if can't change with replaytv, defeats the purpose. It seems to be a motorola box issue. when I go to set up, it defaults to "other" unlike my general instruments box where it lists available codes for the various models. I've tried all of the available ones I think, even went to replay tv site and tried all those. recommendations??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyboy
Does 0476 work?
0476 and 0276 will turn cable off and on, but the channel stays the same when I use the replay remote

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Search the ReplayTV support site to figure out how to use the fine-tune settings of the IR thingy in the ReplayTV to have it send 3 digits. Also look on the bottom of the Moto box and give us the actual model number.

EDIT 1: OK, here is how to get to the fine tune menu: http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/sup....asp?docID=223

EDIT 2: Here is the IR help area: http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/sup....asp?FAQID=167

Do any of the listed issues apply? Is the IR sending any signal when trying to change channels? Watch the front panel of the cable box and tell us what happens when you do try to change the channel on the cable box via the ReplayTV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.