AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

So i have just begun to start reading and looking at those large screens (way bigger than what u can get with lcd), they seems to be really amazing.

Just i don`t know anything yet, pros cons, certain problems with the tech itself, what type of screen, etc.

any guidance would be helpful. I am in the process of having my 52" xbr4 replaced( got a 3 yr warranty,thank god) so this leaves me with 3499$ limit. i would like to have screen included also( first need to see how big of a screen i can go).

Basic viewing would be cable and sat along with sat-hd, and bluray

Let me hear it guys, and yes i`m using the search and will continue to.

·
Registered
6,986 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracktight /forum/post/18315403

hello,

So i have just begun to start reading and looking at those large screens (way bigger than what u can get with lcd), they seems to be really amazing.

Just i don`t know anything yet, pros cons, certain problems with the tech itself, what type of screen, etc.

any guidance would be helpful. I am in the process of having my 52" xbr4 replaced( got a 3 yr warranty,thank god) so this leaves me with 3499$ limit. i would like to have screen included also( first need to see how big of a screen i can go).

Basic viewing would be cable and sat along with sat-hd, and bluray

Let me hear it guys, and yes i`m using the search and will continue to.

Get one of those reconditioned JVCs Jason has going for sale right now.

Before that sale, I picked up a (practially new) used JVC RS2 clone for under $3K and it blows any plasma or LCD away... and is even more detailed... and 100"

The only catch with front projection is needed to watch in a darkened room. Consider that really meaning no lights on... leaving consider the "just one light on so I can read" request meaning you'll get a washed out picture unless that light is only directed at the magazine and no ambient light hits the screen.

I say this because a lot of PJ newbies haven't really thought about the "dark room" thing too much with the projector. A PJ works great for a room you can make dark, but won't work for a den that's connected to the kitchen where someone wants to have the lights on and cook while you're trying to watch a movie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts