AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly I most likely wouldn't know the difference between a $200 pair and $700 pair since I can't here above 15k-16k very well but would still like a great first set of in ears with sizable ends way I can make the perfect/most comfortable fit.

My iPhone 6plus buds are a tad large for my ears but have just been making due with them. I watch movies while my wife is asleep on my iPad or phone since I can't hook them up to the tv in the bedroom or at least I don't know how to go about hooking them up in that way.

Budget is between $100-$500 for the buds and don't understand the need for Dacs or amps so if I would need one please explain why as I am ignorant to the sciences with headphones and amps. It just seems like with today's tech most devices would have rather good processing is how I look at it and could be totally wrong.

Thanks all and hope you all can get me in an enjoyable first set on phones!

-Alex

·
Registered
89 Posts
In ears or earphones aren't usually noise canceling. Earphones provide plenty of isolation just by design.

As for a good place to start, my first set of earphones and my current set are Shure SE215.
I recommend them as they're inexpensive and sound good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Bose QC20, which are one of the few good in-ear noise canceling (as opposed to noise isolating) earphones.

The sound is good, but the noise canceling is fantastic. They are comfortable in the ears for long periods.

For long plane flights they are wonderful; I arrive much less fatigued.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts