1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Great. I just ordered the UK version to replace my US one as the UK has better picture quality and the now annnouce 20th Anniv edition
Looks like I'll be buying yet again.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Well hopefully it looks more like the Stargate Anniversary edition rather than the Skynet T2 edition. I have UK for T2 and Total Recall, so I'll hold on to them until screenshots come out.

·
Registered
557 Posts
June 14th is a Monday. Is it really 6/15?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Those listings are for the UK and movies come out on a Monday there.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
So did the UK BD fix the incorrect pitch issue that was on the UK HD DVD?

There were issues with the audio of Basic Instinct, The Graduate, Elephant Man, Mulholland Drive, Rambo 1-3, and this one on HD DVD.

I've been curious if they fixed it for the BDs of Total Recall, Basic Instinct, Elephant Man, and Mulholland Drive. Apparently they did fix it for the Rambos...but little mention for the rest have happened on AVS.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 /forum/post/18221269

There were issues with the audio of Basic Instinct, The Graduate, Elephant Man, Mulholland Drive, Rambo 1-3, and this one on HD DVD.

I've been curious if they fixed it for the BDs of Total Recall, Basic Instinct, Elephant Man, and Mulholland Drive. Apparently they did fix it for the Rambos...but little mention for the rest have happened on AVS.

I have the UK Basic Instinct. no problems with it.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
If it looks better than previous and doesn't have the pitch issue, and isn't region locked, I'm all over it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 /forum/post/18221269

Yes, it was fixed.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Thanks to DigitalFreakNYC (re: Basic Instinct) and eric.exe (re: Total Recall) for the help.
I wonder if they fixed them all, then.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Hmm, I really don't see the picture being improved enough to warrant another buy. I'll stick with my current release.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
One of my favorite movies from that time. We'll see how it looks...

·
Registered
469 Posts
sometimes the audio is still messed up--like on the new The Deer Hunter bd.

so studio canal still can't get it right apparently 100% of the time.

the 2.0 on "The Deer Hunter" is fine, but not the 5.1 track.

also: I don't see any confirmation that this 20th anniversary edition is actually based on a new master, so I'm not quite sure why people just assume it is.

we should all know by now that it doesn't always happen--

see recent "Goodfellas" bd for proof.

·
Registered
14,972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16x9enhanced /forum/post/18234444

sometimes the audio is still messed up--like on the new The Deer Hunter bd.

so studio canal still can't get it right apparently 100% of the time.

the 2.0 on "The Deer Hunter" is fine, but not the 5.1 track.

also: I don't see any confirmation that this 20th anniversary edition is actually based on a new master, so I'm not quite sure why people just assume it is.

we should all know by now that it doesn't always happen--

see recent "Goodfellas" bd for proof.

You never know with Lionsgate. It still could be a true remaster, or they might just DNR it while pumping up the color and contrast, yet still call it a remaster. lol

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 /forum/post/18216971

Well hopefully it looks more like the Stargate Anniversary edition rather than the Skynet T2 edition. I have UK for T2 and Total Recall, so I'll hold on to them until screenshots come out.

Let's hope so! Looking forward to a US release with a proper video transfer and lossless surround track would be very sweet!

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
My UK Total Recall just turned up and it is a night and day difference against my US copy. Wow. Good stuff.

·
Registered
6,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz /forum/post/18253776

My UK Total Recall just turned up and it is a night and day difference against my US copy. Wow. Good stuff.

I agree, I was surprised when I got mine. UK release of T2 isn't too bad either.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well if it is coming for the US (who cares about the UK?), then I hope that it is completely remastered as the current one was horrible. It was so bad that it was not worthy to be in my collection.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts