AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Jeff,

Do you know the CFM rating or do you have a link to a website? Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Note that it isn't just the additional fans that you should be concerned about -- the main idea of a hushbox is to absorb the noise generated by the projector itself, and that may require the airflow take a path with at least one or two 90 degree bends between the outside of the box and where the projector resides inside.

This probably isn't going to work, but I'll try to include a little ASCII graphic to show what I mean. To the left is the interior of the hushbox, with two interior walls. The first, leftmost wall holds the fan, and separates the interior from the "muffler" that follows. The next wall only covers part of the muffler section, and is there to force the air to flow around either side of it. The walls of the muffler section are lined with some sort of noise absorbing material, such as foam, felt, or fiberglass panels.

==========+=======+

..........|.......|

..........|...|...|

........--+...|...

...--->.|F|...|.------>

...--->.|A|...|.------>

...--->.|N|...|.------>

........--+...|...

..........|...|...|

..........|.......|

==========+=======+f>

This is a top down view -- and I've filled the box with dots to keep the spacing correct (or so I hope).

One vendor of Pabst fans in the USofA is Allied Electronics: http://www.alliedelec.com

[This message has been edited by OldDave (edited 08-21-2001).]

·
Registered
51 Posts
I want to use a computer fan in a projetor hush box as well as my equipment cabinet. Are there sources or brands of computer fans (hopefully larger ones) that are silent as possible?

regards,

chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.