AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer who want 5.1 maybe 7.1 with the surrounds wireless. And when I say wireless he means no wires (no speaker wires needed at all and no power wires to plug into an outlet. This guy doesn't want wires that he can see and he also said he doesn't want to run wires behind the walls either.

Is there such thing out there that has a wireless speaker receiver that is battery powered or something?

Any help appreciated thanks.

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
Battery operated speakers?

Good luck on that search...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I agree. I'm thinking about telling the guy he has 4 options.

A. sound bar and sub

B. 3.1

C. have an electrician do in wall wiring

D. make his main ht in the basement where there is drop ceiling and speaker wire isn't an issue and make his 1st floor room his secondary system. He was planning on doing main ht in 1st floor and secondary ht in basement. Basement room gets used late fall thru early spring, 1st floor gets used late spring thru early fall.

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
I can understand not wanting to see wires running up the walls but why would one care if there are wires running inside the walls? If he agrees to wiring inside the walls string speaker wire, self-powered wireless speakers are bulky and can have interference problems that can be difficult to isolate.

·
Registered
23,230 Posts
Suggest the customer consult other installers for "options".

A, B and D are out of the equation if the customer wants 5.1 or 7.1 in a specific location/room.

Do it right or drop the customer.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies and ideas. Customer and wife decided they want a sound bar and sub. I think the sound bar is because of WAF she really doesn't want speakers if it was totally up to her they would just use the tv speakers.

·
Registered
23,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru /forum/post/20846144

Customer and wife decided they want a sound bar and sub.

That should be a long and happy marriage. I bet the TV is mounted over a fireplace too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.