AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I purchased, downloaded and intalled TotalMedia Theatre and was wondering why i cannot get surround sound. All my denon receiver is getting is 2ch stereo. All of the TotalMedia settings are configured for 5.1 etc... My output device is an ATI HD4850 using the realtek HDMI drivers. Vista Media center outputs Dolby Prologic with no problem. Any ideas?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I don't think this is a problem with TotalMedia Theatre.

Can you get 5.1 or 7.1 working from the sound applet in the Control Panel? When you click the test button, do you get sound from all your speakers? Does your Denon AVR ever show LPCM at 6 or 8 channels?

There is a known issue with the EDID data provided by certain Denon AVRs. You might want to check out the EDID Override Thread. Unfortunately, EDID override only works with Vista. If you have XP, you might need a Gefen DVI Detective Plus.

There is also a lot of good information in the ATI 4600/4800 thread.

-Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am using Vista. Control Panel test all work. when i test "DTS Audio" my receiver displays " DTS Surround" when i test "Dolby Digital" my receiver displays "Dolby Digital"

Thank you for your reply

·
Registered
213 Posts
What's your connection to the receiver? Are you using s/pdif? Select this in tmt if you are.

Also are you getting 2 channel when you are in media center. Don't forget that you have to configure TMT twice (it uses 2 players, one for media center and one for regular desktop use). When in media center just stop a movie and access the settings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My audio connection is HDMI using a ATI HD4850. Media center outputs 5.1 however TMT doesnt. the information window in TMT says its outputting 5.1 but my receiver only receives 2ch stereo. The problem doesnt seem to be any "settings"

Thank you for your reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts