AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked and can't quite find what I'm looking for so I thought I'd ask. I'm running a Panny AE-100 (Japanese model actually) through my HTPC. My question is can I use a touchscreen LCD monitor running out the second DVI output of my Geforce TI4400 as a remote/second monitor. I would like a custom interface look to control PowerDVD, MP3 playback and maybe web surfing while I'm watching a movie or to play the occasional game and not have to use the projector. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

· Registered
92 Posts
One possible solution

Girder at www.girder.nl doing back end work. can interface with most things

Mainlobby see threads doing front end work very nice.

and either a slinke from nirvis or a redrat from redrat.co.uk which is a cheaper option for doing ir control and in my veiw the simpleist works seamlessly with girder now control my whole house ir with the help of a ir distradution block.

theese products combined work very well together and main lobby is outstanding good wa factor and is good for large touch screens. also if you want to move you cd collection to hdd then there is cd lobby. mario is very helpful and bloddy clever.

regards happy tweaking

jc

· Registered
194 Posts
All you are doing with the touch screen is replacing the mouse click with a screen touch. So it will do exactly the same functions as a regular monitor with the applications controlled with a mouse. You can then build a custom interface to put big buttons and just those functions you want to perform. Given the list of things you stated you can also simply control everything from the windows desktop. To automate macros and control external devices you would then need to do something like visualbyte spoke of, etc.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.