AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a community center that would like to broadcast different powerpoint presentations to tv's within our building. We have 45 tv's in the building and we are currently setup with a computer to broadcast a single pp presentation to all the tv's. Is it possible to broadcast different pp shows to different tv's, using 1 pc? We are thinking of having maybe 4 different pp shows to different zones in the building. We would really rather not buy 4 more pc's as we are non-profit.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Is the presentation just a slide show (continuous loops)? How are you broadcasting this now? I assume these are all SD / CRT sets receiving a modulated signal via coax?

You might try looking at "digital signage" products, but a single PC is going to require 4 video cards/outputs - and that's before we talk about distribution. I haven't tried PP with multiple video outputs, don't know if multiple instances will run slideshows without going to a VMWare setup.

(and yeah, not an easy one, and I'm afraid the answers may not be inexpensive. Once you need multiple sources, A/V distribution is no longer simple...)

Jeff

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Maybe you can find a willing, giving, local commercial installer who will spec the hardware, and allow you to install.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor /forum/post/19641702

Is the presentation just a slide show (continuous loops)? How are you broadcasting this now? I assume these are all SD / CRT sets receiving a modulated signal via coax?

You might try looking at "digital signage" products, but a single PC is going to require 4 video cards/outputs - and that's before we talk about distribution. I haven't tried PP with multiple video outputs, don't know if multiple instances will run slideshows without going to a VMWare setup.

(and yeah, not an easy one, and I'm afraid the answers may not be inexpensive. Once you need multiple sources, A/V distribution is no longer simple...)

Jeff

Yes the powerpoint is just a continuous loop of slides. We have 45 hd lcd's that have a modulated signal coming to them from the computer yes. So really the easiest and simplest route would be to have a computer setup for each zone that controls the pp presentation to that set of tv's then. At least that's what it is sounding like.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenchley /forum/post/19641515

I work at a community center that would like to broadcast different powerpoint presentations to tv's within our building. We have 45 tv's in the building and we are currently setup with a computer to broadcast a single pp presentation to all the tv's. Is it possible to broadcast different pp shows to different tv's, using 1 pc? We are thinking of having maybe 4 different pp shows to different zones in the building. We would really rather not buy 4 more pc's as we are non-profit.

Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenchley /forum/post/19642265

Yes the powerpoint is just a continuous loop of slides. We have 45 hd lcd's that have a modulated signal coming to them from the computer yes. So really the easiest and simplest route would be to have a computer setup for each zone that controls the pp presentation to that set of tv's then. At least that's what it is sounding like.

You're killing me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophy

Best of luck with your project.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhskyTangoFoxtrt /forum/post/19642338

You're killing me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophy

>> An apostrophe is used by some writers to form a plural for abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols where adding just s rather than 's may leave things ambiguous or inelegant.

Assuming that's what you're bothered by...

(back on topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenchley /forum/post/19642265

We have 45 hd lcd's that have a modulated signal coming to them from the computer yes.

Ok, you just lost the 'non-profit' low-cost sympathy

Definitely take a look at digital signage products, and the ZeeVee HD modulators. That would allow one or more PCs (is that better, Whiskey?) to broadcast an HD channel that could be picked up by any of the sets (assuming they have built-in ATSC/QAM tuners, which is likely).

Jeff

·
Registered
11 Posts
We do something similar for our Bridge sets on Star Trek New Voyages. On the sets of 24 my friend Jim did the same thing as well.

We run 4 LCD's per computer, showing different graphics, and I think with such a setup you could send 4 different PowerPoint presentations to 45 TV's

You could put 4 video cards in the PC and then by using a program called UltraMon www dot realtimesoft dot com/ultramon You'd run 4 PowerPoint Presentations and tell UltraMon which card to push the signal to. You then hook up your TV distribution system based on where you want those signals to go. So Card 1 may be hooked to the TV's 1-10 distribution. Then Card 2 to 11 - 20 TV's etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts