AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple things...I need new towers for my home theater set up, I am currently using SLS Q line speakers, 2 of which will remain as surrounds in a 5.1 setup. Also, my AV rec is the Sherwood that comes with the SLS Q line gold system

Not sure about the room, as I am moving sometime in the next 6 months...so purchase may wait until then. Currently, my set up is in 16 x20 foot room (~10 foot ceilings) with one open wall into a small kitchen. Just considering the towers for now, but I will buy a matching center for whichever towers I decide on. 70% movie/TV, 30% music. I want to spend no more than 5-600 dollars on the tower speakers.

Tower speakers under consideration.

-Polk Monitor 70s (350-400 a pair at current prices)

-Infinity p363 (400/pr)

-Bic PL89s (550/pr)

I have heard the Polks and they sound very good. I have a friend who has the BIC PL89 and loves them, but he lives in Oregon and I won't likely hear them before the purchase. Never heard the Infinities, but people on this forum mostly give them high marks.

Thoughts on the three speakers proposed? Are there other speakers that I should give strong consideration to in my price range?

·
Registered
896 Posts
I have not had a chance to listen to the Infinity you have listed but I have had a chance to hear the Polks as they are not to bad esp if you take in fact you can get them at a lower price ( have to check out Newegg as they run specials on them all the time). I have the Bic Ac line... I have the Pl-76's as towers & Pl-28 center as they sound VERY good in the HT set up. They have a crisp clear dialog but dont have an "ear piercing" high end as some may have. Its just all a matter of what you like or what suits your listing taste. I do belive you can get the Pl-89's for around $450 in fact if you look around

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.