AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cambridge soundworks 5.1 speaker setup now. For small speakers, they sound good. I just replaced the rears with some klipsh surrounds. I want to get some good towers and center channel. The CS sub I have shakes the house, so don't need to upgrade that I don't think,

I kinda want to keep it under $700 for the towers and center, but would pay a bit more if there was something fantastic. . I don't care if they are refurb etc.. I am looking at the Polk line and was thinking tsi-400, monitor 70s or the RTI8 for towers and either the cs20 or csi5 center. I don't know other brands that might be equal or better for the price. I will be using them for movies 90% of the time, but have some good blu ray music vids I'd like to sound good.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyleron /forum/post/0

Why do you want to upgrade the speakers? What are you trying to fix?

Hmm good question. The ones I have now sound good, but I would imagine a tower speaker would have much better sound then my small fronts. Plus they would look better and I could get rid of the woofer that the fronts are connected too. Just kinda want to upgrade the sound and look.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Isn't the woofer that the fronts are connected to the same as the CS sub that shakes the house?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn /forum/post/0

Isn't the woofer that the fronts are connected to the same as the CS sub that shakes the house?

No the fronts are connected to a woofer box I guess you would call it, to add bass because the speakers are small. I also have a large powered subwoofer.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
You have one of those CS where your receiver mains runs to the sub, then the satellites(like Bose does it).

Changing to towers would be good mainly because the "early" sat/sub systems like that just weren't very good. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a gaping hole in the 120hz-600hz range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.