AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big +1 for this game.


I bought the first TS game, but didn't really like it. Maybe because it was too slow? Not sure. It just didn't grab me.


I heard from a developer at Pop Cap, who played a pre-release of TS:CW, that it was awesome so I downloaded it yesterday.


It is indeed awesome. Better than the first one by far b/c IMHO it's much more engaging with the modern weapons. Plus they've got some hilarious bonuses, like a Rambo merc and an AC130 gunship, when you reach maximum carnage.

I literally could not stop playing it until I got trounced on the "Canal" map. Took 24hours off and finally finished the SP mode.

Now I'm going to try the MP on XBL.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,720 Posts
I don't think the pace is all that different from the first one. It's a great sequel, truly polished and refined (like giving the vehicles batteries so you don't spend the whole level in one.) So many great Tower Defense titles coming to Live this year and the best one isn't even out yet (Dungeon Defenders.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,070 Posts
Finished the game today. Very fun game. Excellent time co-op as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
Awesome game, DL'd last night and played through the first 4 or so missions. Jammy, I bested you on every level so get to work! I gotta get used to the camera controls though, seemed like I couldn't pull the camera back as easily as in the original Toy Soldiers. Looks like the long game load time is still there which is annoying. Defense Grid is really good on that count.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,720 Posts
Two tips, one very obvious:


Learn how to use the d-pad to switch between turrets. I still can't wrap my head around this after the first game.


You can change the orientation of your artillery by highlighting it with the cursor (don't go into it or press A at all) and hitting the bumpers. I thought that you had to go into it to rotate it with the bumpers (I need to try this on the first game and see if it's the same because I've been wasting lots of time if true.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 /forum/post/20861068


Two tips, one very obvious:


Learn how to use the d-pad to switch between turrets. I still can't wrap my head around this after the first game.


You can change the orientation of your artillery by highlighting it with the cursor (don't go into it or press A at all) and hitting the bumpers. I thought that you had to go into it to rotate it with the bumpers (I need to try this on the first game and see if it's the same because I've been wasting lots of time if true.)

It is the same on the first one with artillery aim. Man, I'm having problems finishing the final mission on Normal. Can't imagine how it is on the higher difficulty levels. I also really suck at flying the jet. Jammy and I played some Versus yesterday and that's pretty cool as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah Versus mode was a lot of fun.

the first game we played took 20min and that was on the default settings.

BTW - I don't recommend setting your turrets to "elite". It's a bit of a shock when you have to do everything manually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard /forum/post/20861400


yeah Versus mode was a lot of fun.

the first game we played took 20min and that was on the default settings.

BTW - I don't recommend setting your turrets to "elite". It's a bit of a shock when you have to do everything manually.

= Cakewalk for the Dude man...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 /forum/post/20861275


It is the same on the first one with artillery aim. Man, I'm having problems finishing the final mission on Normal. Can't imagine how it is on the higher difficulty levels. I also really suck at flying the jet. Jammy and I played some Versus yesterday and that's pretty cool as well.

The tip I found online that worked for me was using Anti-Air instead of artillery. I had two artilleries near the toy boxes (that he continually smashed) and two anti-airs on the far pads and he only came and smashed the one AA.


Also, son of a ***** about the artillery in the first game! I wasted a bunch of time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
So use all Anti Air at the end and then manually target Boss with them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,575 Posts
I had never heard of the first game in this series but after seeing some of the thoughts on this one I decided to buy it. Man is this little game fun. I have not made it too far in but so far I am having a blast with it. I think the parts where you can fly or drive the pieces is funny since you need to either find the batteries or go back and land on the charger is just to fun.


James
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
439 Posts
Beat it co-op with a buddy. We were fans of the first and loved this one too. Levels seemed smaller and easier but overall, the experience was awesome. We played through on normal and let less than 10 enemies in our toy box. All coming on the last level. Hoping for some dlc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
824 Posts
Oh great...another fun game I don't have enough time for getting more content!


Add me if you need a co-op buddy. I'm stuck on the last mission due to a glitch in the game that I'm hoping gets patched soon.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top