AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous , but I'm having audio problems on our ABC HD feed.

I'm syncing it with the cable broadcast! :(

Troy

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just got my rotor working so I was able to get ABC via Connecticut. I thought it looked and sounded great. I was missing my OTA HD a lot.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
it had slight green tint issues that only the most trained eye can recognize... i know you all did not see it but it was there, on your set.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ADebar
it had slight green tint issues that only the most trained eye can recognize... i know you all did not see it but it was there, on your set.
Glad I don't have a "trained eye" That way I could watch the gorgeous picture.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You know every time ABC shows an animated feature I always say my dvd looked better. This is no exception. My dvd just looks richer than the hd version for some reason. That is not the case with film material only animation. I have a Panasonic RP91 dvd to a mitsu 55807.

·
Registered
988 Posts
After a rough 4:3 and no audio start it's looking great here in Seattle. I did an A/B comparison against the DVD and the HD feed is sharper and more detailed. Too bad we have to agonize through all the commercials. Absolutely no green tint here either.

Steve

·
Registered
936 Posts
Lucky you guys...

ABC in San Diego seems to have lost the feed around 3pm today. First it stopped broadcasting on the "correct" channel (it went back to 25.1 instead of "10.1"), and now it's totally blank. I've got a strong signal so I don't think it's me.

- Tony

·
Registered
866 Posts
.02 cents ......

Watching in San Diego ( p/u channel from 100plus miles Mt. Wilson away ) I would say that a a-b comparison to DVD progressive went like this:

HD looked better sure, but the progressive DVD is a close second ...... Most non critical viewers would not care enough about the difference to spend all the money for and bother to HDTV.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It looked great. I did an A/B test between DSS and my OTA channel, and even family members were amazed.

Fred

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by romy101
You know every time ABC shows an animated feature I always say my dvd looked better. This is no exception. My dvd just looks richer than the hd version for some reason. That is not the case with film material only animation. I have a Panasonic RP91 dvd to a mitsu 55807.
Strange...I also have an RP91, and the HD version looked much, much better than the DVD version, which I compared tonight. I am connected to a Panasonic 50" Plasma. What box are you using to receive the HD, and what resolution is it putting out?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I will agree the picture looked great, however, did anyone notice an oversaturation of the color? I know this was mentioned in a thread regarding toy story last week and I saw the same color tone with Toy story 2 as well. It reminded me of the dreaded "red push" I saw on my mitsu when i first purchased the set (i have since fixed the problem).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Quote:

Fortunately I don't have your "trained eye. It looked great.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
It is amazing that at only 19 years old you have managed to "train" your eye to the point of being able to recognize things that people with many years of home theater experience can only dream of noticing. You are simply incredible. I tip my hat to you.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
I'm blind. So I didn't see any green tint on my professionally ISF'ed set.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Quote:
did anyone notice an oversaturation of the color?
Yes, I did. In fact, the entire image seemed too "bright", which is what I attribute the color issues to. Normally, my HD image is a bit darker, but I was almost clutching my chair when those bright images came on and I could the phosphors sizzling on my crt's :)

All in all, however, a great presentation, even if I had to sit through another hundred ads for Brian's Song. (does anyone really want to see ANOTHER version of this movie? Is Disney running dry?)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.