1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone,

Just finished placing my pre-order for:

Toy Story Trilogy 3D [Blu-ray] (2011)

at Amazon. No coupons or specials so it's sitting at $69.99 right now. Release date of: Tuesday, November 01, 2011.

Also, you can get each individual one:

Toy Story 3D [Blu-ray] (2011) - $34.99

Toy Story 2 3D [Blu-ray] (2011) - $34.99

Toy Story 3 3D [Blu-ray] (2011) - $34.99

Thought people might want to know.

Everyone's Favorite Farm Animal,

[eieio]Pig

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmaster123456 /forum/post/20843485

did the 3d add add anything in the movie because im aware that toy story1 and 2 were conversions im not sure about toy story 3

the thing with 3d animation it should be easy for them to get a good conversion. I believe It was meant to be 3d and even released in 3d.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
To rent or to buy, that is the question. $69.99 still seems a little steep considering two of the movies are 3D conversions

And with the list of 3D movies that will available by the end of the year, I'm going to be a little more selective about which ones I pay full purchase price for

·
Registered
302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm /forum/post/20843590

To rent or to buy, that is the question. $69.99 still seems a little steep considering two of the movies are 3D conversions

And with the list of 3D movies that will available by the end of the year, I'm going to be a little more selective about which ones I pay full purchase price for

Honestly, there's really no such thing as post-conversion CGI. Because it requires no new filming, just a new rendering, you can redo EVERYTHING as if it were actually "shot" with a 3D camera. A live-action movie would have to have every scene re-shot with a different camera.

That said, the 1st 2 movies weren't framed with 3D in mind which sometimes can make a difference, but with CGI it's a lot less of a big deal.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averhoeven /forum/post/20843916

Honestly, there's really no such thing as post-conversion CGI. Because it requires no new filming, just a new rendering, you can redo EVERYTHING as if it were actually "shot" with a 3D camera. A live-action movie would have to have every scene re-shot with a different camera.

That said, the 1st 2 movies weren't framed with 3D in mind which sometimes can make a difference, but with CGI it's a lot less of a big deal.

We'll see how good they actually look in the end. I personally hope they look amazing

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I'm definitely getting all 3 of them! Can't wait to see them in 3D as my wife and I are Pixar fanatics!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts