AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a new Samsung 67" LED DLP to replace my almost six year old Toshiba 65" RP-CRT, and I'm thinking that it would be nice to have as much as possible using a pure digital connection to the screen. Right now only my X360 and Wii aren't capable of that, though obviously the X360 is in principle...just not mine.

I remember some folks on here trading in their non-HDMI X360s against X360 Arcades to get HDMI and the delta was pretty small. They even removed their hard drives and got virtually the same trade-in value.

Can anyone provide estimates on how much it would run me to make this type of switch? For what it's worth I'm not interested in a debate on the quality of image from component vs. VGA vs. HDMI...just an estimate of the cost of doing such a switch.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
44 Posts
nm my post I read your post wrong, anyway try ebay. People buy stuff for insane prices, you might still be able to get $200 for a console without a hard drive. I plan on doing this one day~ just so I can get an updated model with HDMI and the updated less RROD prone hardware. My 360 hasnt RROD'ed yet but I heard the problem was due to the old GPU having a manufacturing error in either implementation or the cooling system.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I would think that the trade in price would drop even further with the $50 price drop coming on Sunday for the Pro.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue /forum/post/14270878

I would think that the trade in price would drop even further with the $50 price drop coming on Sunday for the Pro.

that may or may not be the case, since he only wants to trade in the core system, and keep his HD and everything else...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
You could sell it on craigslist and get double of what you would get for a trade in at eb/gamestop. It would sell fast. I sold my non hdmi the very next day of posting it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
i really dont see the point in all the hassle of a single output. in the end, you'll be seeing what you want to see when the component connection is just as good for direct feed sources like game consoles. cable tv is another story. you do realize microsoft did not release this console as an upgrade for current owners, but as a tolalization for prospective buyers. they couldnt just let sony have the only console with hdmi output.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts