AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my RTV 5040 about three weeks ago for the trade-in. VERY happy with the quick shipping and response. But the box included NO return shipping label or instructions. So I called that day and they said they would send one right out to me. A week goes by and still no label. So I call again. They apologized and said they would send one right out.

Another 10 days goes by and still no label.

So now I'm getting nervous. We leave this Saturday for a 2-week honeymoon in Hawaii. I kinda was hoping I'd have that money back in my account for the trip, but that now seems to be a pipe dream. But I would like to get this shipped back before we leave, so I don't have to worry about it.

So I call again today and get a rep (Jackie I think) and he tells me that there's no way it will get to me if they send it out today. I tell him that I've been waiting for weeks and they should send it out express and it will get here. He thought that was kind of funny that I would even suggest that... At any rate, he said someone would check on it, and if no label had been sent they would send out another. Can I get a call-back to let me know what the status is? No.

I'm getting more and more frustrated.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Is there anything any of the "Replay" guys can do? Help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Eddie

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
I know sometimes it is a matter or principle, but we are only talking about

$10-$15 dollars here. Personally, I'd just pay to ship it myself and have

the peace of mind over your honeymoon, which if all goes well will be a

one time event.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my next move. I figure, if I haven't heard anything by Thursday, I'm shipping it off to them myself. I was just hoping something could be done.

So, on that note, does anyone have the address to send it to? Is there anything specific I need to put in the package, other than the 4504, the cables, remote, etc. (can't find the manual...)?

Thanks!

Eddie

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eappell
Is there anything specific I need to put in the package, other than the 4504, the cables, remote, etc. (can't find the manual...)?
From what ReplayRichard said earlier, all they expect to get back is the ReplayTV itself. You can keep everything else. Sorry I don't have the address. And good luck on your upcoming big event!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! And thanks, we got married a few weeks ago, and now we're REALLY looking forward to the honeymoon!

·
Registered
LG G1 55" OLED, SN11RG Soundbar, XSX, PS5, Switch, Nvidia Shield TV, AppleTV 4K(2021)
54 Posts
Here's the address to send you ReplayTV back to:

Rec Dept

Jabil

4601 Cromwell Ave

Memphis, TN 38118-6310

Phone Number: 503-363-1009

I wouldn't send in your old unit unless you have an RMA#.

I'd like to know how exactly you sent in the request for you advanced trade-in. I was told to send the fax with all my info, and then someone would get in contact with me to get my credit card for the charge. Well I did that, and now I'm sitting with a UPS air bill and looking at being w/o my ReplayTV for 2 weeks. This is NOT what I wanted. I calle CS and they basically told me to deal with it and send in my old unit first. ARRG!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm still waiting for my unit but I did get the ups shipping document. The address on it was

"R0 number "

Replay TV inc.

4601 Cromwell Ave.

Memphis TN 38188

You may need the RO number to besure they credit your account.

·
Registered
85 Posts
dustoman Same thing happened to me but after I talked to them they fixed it up for a cross shipment. I'm still waiting for the unit to come though they said it should be shortly.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have an RMA #. I got the unit, there was just no return label in the box.

I faxed and called and they did charge my card, and then sent me the unit... I have a feeling this thing was not planned out the best...

Eddie

·
Registered
97 Posts
Quote:
I do have an RMA #. I got the unit, there was just no return label in the box.

I faxed and called and they did charge my card, and then sent me the unit... I have a feeling this thing was not planned out the best...

Eddie
That sucks. Most vendors I deal with that do cross shipment will take the card and authorize it for that amount but not actually charge it. Then they'll remove it when they get the broken stuff back.

Still... call your credit card company, tell them you just got married, and ask them for a line increase, so you can splurge on the honeymoon. They shouldn't have a problem doing it.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Quote:
I have a feeling this thing was not planned out the best...
Well, at least some things never change.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would ask for a credit increase if it was a true credit card. But I used my debit card for this, so the money is literally "out of my account". We're hoping to buy a house soon, so I stopped using all credit cards...

·
Registered
18 Posts
eappell

I had a similar problem and kept talking to Reps for days, one fine day the call landed to India. I told the man the problem I was facing. He asked me to stay online and had a word with his supervisor. The supervisor came running to talk to me and finally spoke to someone in the shipping and then the shipping guy called me and arranged for a free shipping back to TN. I never got a chance to thank the supervisor as I was in kinda mess. If ya talk to him say my thanks too.

When you are done, come back to this place and thank me ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Quote:
I would ask for a credit increase if it was a true credit card. But I used my debit card for this, so the money is literally "out of my account". We're hoping to buy a house soon, so I stopped using all credit cards...
I thought the deal was your card would only actually be charged if you didn't return the old unit within 2 weeks? I went through 2 of these refurb trade ins and my card was never charged (I checked every other day).

·
Registered
448 Posts
They probably "authorized" the transaction to the card without actually charging it. When this happens on a credit card, you probably don't see any effect. When this happens on a Debit card, it locks the funds in the account and you can't get to them until it expires.

I learned this the hard way a few years back when travelling for business without a credit card. The hotel I was staying in 'authorized' the transaction when I checked it (Airport Hilton in Chicago). A week later when I went to check out, things hit the fan. If they would have used the original confirmation number trying to check me out, all would have been well. Instead, they treated it as a new charge. Unfortunately, the account didn't have enough in it to pay for two weeks as the funds I'd budgeted for the hotel had already been locked.

Keep in mind that you have next to no protection against fraud when using a debit card. If it were a credit card, you could contest the charge. You'll have a much more difficult time doing that on a debit card, and you may have to wait up to 120 days to get your money back if you do.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In hindsight, I probably should have used a credit card, but that does me no good now. I'll try calling again. Hopefully I'll get that nice manager... It's now been over three weeks since I got the refurb and I have yet to receive a shipping label...

eddie

·
Registered
97 Posts
Quote:
In hindsight, I probably should have used a credit card, but that does me no good now. I'll try calling again. Hopefully I'll get that nice manager... It's now been over three weeks since I got the refurb and I have yet to receive a shipping label...

eddie
It's also not going to kill you OR your credit if you use your credit cards while on vacation. That is, unless you plan on not paying it off when you get back?

it's the debts that you CARRY that hold you back.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, we were hoping to get pre-qualified for a home loan when we return, and the only card I have left is carrying a balance now. So we don't want to put more on it right before we do the pre-qualification. Any amount we pay when we get back won't show up on our credit report until a month or more later...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.