AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be interested in hearing from people about their overall experience with the trade-in program.

Did it work perfectly for anyone?

Who's still waiting for a unit?

Are there still people out there who have waited longer than the promised time to get their units?

Did anyone get a lemon on their replacement unit and have to replace the replacement?

Let's scorecard this one...

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I'm still waiting for two 5160's. My CC was charged on 8/28 for one unit. But I'm not complaining since I think RTV is really coming through for all of us.

Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Waiting 5 1/2 weeks for a 5040 and (2) 5080's.

Got RMA's for cross shipping on Aug 22nd.

CC charged $1100 on Aug 28th.

1 Airbill received Sept. 20.

No word from DNNA on expected shipping dates.

·
Registered
179 Posts
A week after I called my credit card was charged... Two weeks after that I finally got my trade-in unit, and it has been working well for the past two weeks.

I still have not received an airbill to ship back the original unit (even after being told that another was sent to me).

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'll give them a B- overall in execution, A+ in the program's goal. The great thing about the customer care is that they have so much experience in dealing with problems, they were actually pretty good fixing all of mine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I only faxed my information to them on Friday (9/26). Should I get a response? And if so, how long should it take to get it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Tact
I only faxed my information to them on Friday (9/26). Should I get a response? And if so, how long should it take to get it?

After you fax in your information, you need to call Customer Care at 1-866-286-3662 to obtain an RMA#.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Still waiting for my 5080 and airbill. Faxed things in on 8/18 and called on 8/21. Charged on 8/28. Ordinarily I would give them an A-. They went out of their way for this program and I don't really mind the wait since I'm perfectly happy with the 4080 I have now in terms of a stand alone unit. Streaming is a nice to have but I don't mind waiting for that.

What I find completely unacceptable though, is charging me $370 on 8/28 well before anything is going to ship. I'm in the process of paying that CC bill right now actually. I can't even imagine being in stevojack's situation of having $1100 sitting on the CC for a month. That just plain sucks. Because of that and that alone, I'm giving the whole process a big fat F. Call me ungrateful but having that charge on my CC for that long is not cool.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been in contact with DNNA about my credit card charges and the interest those charges are compiling. They have offered to reimburse me for whatever interest charges are incurred. I believe that DNNA didn't expect the amount of trade-ins they are getting and are overwhelmed at this point. I just hope to get the units soon and end this whole headache.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I passed on the advanced shipment option for this exact reason. I didn't want to have a charge sitting on my credit card for the duration of the trade-in process. Based upon my past experiences with ReplayTV I was assuming that the process would take longer than expected.

I faxed in my information for my two 4504's and 1 5040 about 3 weeks ago and got an RMA the same day. I am still waiting for the airbill so that I can ship my 4504's to ReplayTV. I have called every week and have been told to expect the "airbill any day now".

Hopefully that day will come soon.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Got all three units on the 27th day after getting my RMA #s. Working perfectly.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't want to jinx it, but I faxed my info and got an RMA# on 9/24, and today, 9/29, UPS attempted to deliver a 17lb. item from DNNA. :D I sure hope it is what I think it is, and that it is in perfect condition! :cool:

·
Registered
912 Posts
It took me 3 calls before they finally got my cross-shipment order placed. Received the replacement unit over 2 weeks ago, but have not received the airbill to return the original unit yet, despite 3 more calls requesting that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Faxed the form Aug.17, Got the RMA# Aug. 19, CC charged Aug.27, UPS shipping label arrived on Sept.24. Told 5080 on short supply. No scheduled shpping date. Well, good thing I didn't shipping the 4508 first.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmcq
I still have not received an airbill to ship back the original unit (even after being told that another was sent to me).
I guess I spoke too soon... the airbill was in the mailbox when I got home this evening. I'll be making a stop at UPS tomorrow to ship out my old unit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got my replacement unit in just under 3 weeks from initial fax-in of the documents and the RMA call. Used the credit card method (no charge or reservation ever appeared on my account to this day).

Had a poor customer service incident when person from Trade-In dept hung up on me, otherwise all reps were friendly and helpful (even if the Indians were difficult to understand sometimes).

Replacement unit had defective IR receiver, so remote only worked reliably from 2 inches (yep, that's it) from the Replay. After the standard tests (factory reset, etc) the rep immediately placed an order for a replacement replacement (say that 3 times fast!), and sent an airbill for the defective unit.

Second replacement 5040 works like a charm. Just received airbill for original replacement and sent back yesterday.

Overall, pretty happy with the experience, and being able to stream between units rocks! We haven't outgrown the 40 hours capacity, but the single tuner.

Phule

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cross-ship trade in of 4040 for 5040:

8/18: Faxed form and call support center. Mostly no problem.

8/20: Received return UPS label in the mail

8/29: Credit Card charged for $369.99

9/5: Replay 5040 replacement arrived (Dent in the rear that made it hard to attach inputs, but got it working with a little tweaking)

9/6 Replace the 160GB HD in the 4040 with a re-imaged 40GB and packed it in the box the 5040 was delivered in.

9/8: Called customer service to have them activate service on the 5040.

9/9 Shipped 4040 to replaytv

9/13 4040 recieved by ReplayTV

9/29 ReplayTV called to get a credit card number to issue the credit

The replacement 5040 works fine and I installed it this weekend. It has a minor defect (the rear of the box is dented where inputs 1 & 2 are, so it was a little difficult to insert the video cable into input 1, but it works fine), but I'm happy with it. I had expected it to be pre-activated, but all I had to do was call and get the service activated for free.

In all, the whole thing worked just as it was supposed to. I'm extremely happy with the additional capabilities and the whole process cost me a little time and 50 cents (for the business center which held my box for UPS).

Good job replay! and thanks again, Richard!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LightBulb
Can someone please explain this Trade-in Round-Up?
Oh, we're just reporting our experiences to date with the 4xxx/5xxx trade in program.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
FWIW, I was going to participate in the trade in program, but unfortunately I had soldered a second hard drive power connector onto the 4XXX power supply board of both my 4XXX boxes. I was told (by a ReplayPerson who posts in this forum) that would result in the 4XXX boxes being rejected at check in , so I would have been charged for the two 5000s.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.