Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

With all of the new HD programming I've been watching recently I've decided that a 4:3 36 inch Sony XBR isn't for me. True, I did love the picture at first, and still do. However, I feel that the compression that the set is doing to achieve a 16:9 frame is sacrificing my HD picture quality. I'm thinking that a 53" 16:9 television would be better for me. Does anybody have any experience/comments about the Hitachi line of televisions? I'm looking specifically at the Hitachi 53UWX10B. Any thoughts? Also, how would you go about selling a perfect condition Sony KV36XBR400 with the matching Sony stand? EBay?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I have the 61UWX10B. I like my set very much. I did have the 61UDX10B 4:3 set but decided that the 16:9 had a better potential for my viewing habits. After a couple of hours of HDnet and 1:85 DVDs, I have zero regrets.

Standard broadcasts sucks regardless of what your viewing it on and the Hitachi models are no exception.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I would reconsider the Hitachi purchase. Several people on ***************.com have turned their Hitachi's in for the new Sony 51HW40. This set is a big improvement over the hW10 models of last year. The one i saw was next to last year's model and was noticeably sharper. It has better color than the Hitachis that i have seen too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
>I have the 61UWX10B. I like my set very much. I did have the 61UDX10B 4:3 set but decided that the 16:9 had a better potential for my viewing habits. After a couple of hours of HDnet and 1:85 DVDs, I have zero regrets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.