AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone wants to trade my VU42LF LCD for a Vizio VP422 Plasma. Both screens are 42" but i'm unsure about the differences between them. I use my TV for mostly gaming (xbox 360) and the occasional movie.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I think you will be very unhappy with a 42" 1024x768 plasma which has rectangular pixels. They are designed for TV watching and not for PC applications and games which assume rectangular pixels. I suggest you keep your full HD 1080P LCD 42".

·
Registered
94 Posts
My brother actually works for a Video Game company and prefers Plasmas. They are better for Movies. If sunlight is an issue, then I wouldn't trade. Might be a good trade depending on how old it is.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/18174531

I think you will be very unhappy with a 42" 1024x768 plasma which has rectangular pixels. They are designed for TV watching and not for PC applications and games which assume rectangular pixels. I suggest you keep your full HD 1080P LCD 42".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgold /forum/post/18174702

My brother actually works for a Video Game company and prefers Plasmas. They are better for Movies. If sunlight is an issue, then I wouldn't trade. Might be a good trade depending on how old it is.

seems kinda contradictory....

sunlight is not really an issue, most of the viewing takes place after the sun is down, and its in a basement, my TV is from around 2006, he says his is 1 year old.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Vizio makes a much better lcd than they ever did a plasma.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
If you have no response time/lag problems with the LCD there is absoltly no reason to suffer the severe loss of resolution detail and rectangular pixel problems you will have with the plasma model proposed.

The Plasma model proposed first appeared on the market in the late spring of 2008.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts