AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a PG9200 that came with a parts machine too. It has pretty good looking red and blue tubes, but doesn't have a green tube, the one I need. I'd guess the tubes are an 8 or so, minimal wear.

So I was wondering, does anyone wanna swap their green tube for either of these tubes? Or, even better, if you're in the DC area, come swap the green tube for me and maybe give me some pointers (I'm new at this) and take both tubes?

My understanding is that the XG series green tube is the same size, but I may have that confused, I'll look into it if it comes up.

Thanks for all your help!

· Premium Member
17,492 Posts
There are some local XG's, but I can't think of too many PG's around here, much less unused tubes.

Curt could probably supply a PG Green.

I know a couple of other people needing a PG green. I don't think they're as hard to find as XG tubes.

I was tempted to trade you my local 1271 with 108 original hours on the tubes (pristine!) and chassis, and then I'd be in the same boat you're in now.

-Clarence

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clarence, thanks for the input. That would have been an interesting offer, but I don't have any idea if the machine even worked. I got it sans lenses and a bunch of cards in a box, so you'd be in for quite a scavenger hunt to put it back together.

I may end up putting the tubes on e Bay or something, and then buying a new green tube with the proceeds, but I thought I'd see if anyone was intersted on here.

2 tubes for your 1 and some time .... help me help you! hehe

Thanks guys!

· Registered
8,079 Posts
A PG Xtra green is a XG green. Same tube.

A PG green is NOT a PG Xtra green.

Technically none of the PG tubes are the same as Xtra tubes, although I have heard of red and blues being swapped - some people say it's impossible.

You can get a rebuild green from VDC.

· Premium Member
17,492 Posts
capfan: scavenging is half the fun (but usually ends up at twice the cost)

Mark: That's good to know.

I knew the 9200 was dangerously close to an XG.

How much are the VDCs?

If you get the tube, we could round up a few local DC geeks who could walk you through it while the other half learns. I have a vision of that Seinfeld episode with the Junior Mints at the surgery.

· Registered
8,079 Posts
Doug has HD144 lenses on videogon for $300, although that's more than Clarence paid for all of his 50 projectors ;-)

I'd swap a 1271 for a green tubeless Xtra in a flash - as long as it worked otherwise.

· Registered
8,079 Posts
$495 + $100 if you don't have a dud (I think).

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a Clarence-like deal on this baby... this machine with its worn green tube and an intermittent HVPS problem plus that parts machine for $240. That's less than $50 / tube. (Or I suppose $60 / good tube). So I would prefer not to triple my investment :D

I'll watch ebay and see what happens. Good stuff happened last time!

· Registered
18,489 Posts
Oh, oh oh,. I need a system board for a 9200.

I will have some super low hour (1800) green Xtra tubes here in about a week when I pull them out of the XG's I have here.

Pick me, pick me, pick me....:)

Curt

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Curt,

I think you're the winner. I sent you a PM, but also posting here. Like I said, I'm new at this, so what am I looking for when I go look for a system board?

Thanks!

· Registered
122 Posts
Am just making sure that your parts projector is a 9200 too, and not a regular 9pg, as I need the blue tube out of a regular 6pg or 9pg or 6pg+ or 9pg+, but can't use the xtra's.

thanks

dan

· Registered
173 Posts
I'm in Virginia about a couple of hours drive from you and I can certainly drive up and help you swap out your green tube ( I did mine) if you would sell me the blue tube from your parts machine. :)

Dotun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.