AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to see training Day at my Semi Local multi screen Cinema.

I have to say it was not a bad film. The picture was good the acting was top notch and the sound not too bad.

I am not a big fan of Denzel Washington but I thought his portrayal of a corrupt cop was excellent.I urge anyone to see this movie if not for the entertainment factor.

That's my 2 cents

James

·
Registered
520 Posts
Very Good Movie. I agree. My only gripe was the ending. But by that time I was hooked anyway. The ending wasnt bad , It just kind of turned into a typical Hollywood ending. The Movie deserved better.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
I saw the DVD last night. I agree it's both a good film and a departure from Denzel Washington's normal "good guy" roles. Although this did not raise to the level of a "keeper" for me, if you are fond of the "good cop vs. bad cop" sub-genre of action film, I would not hesitate to reccomend purchase.

The DVD is 2.35:1 anamorphic (meaning small letterbox bars to frame it at 1.78:1). Colors are well-saturated and there is a pleasing lack of edge enhancement and a fine focus that reveals lots of texture and detail. The soundtrack is DD5.1 with both good surround and plentifull use of LFE.

Overall, three out of four stars from me. I will include a warning about explicit violence including onscreen murder, plentifull drug use (the cops are narcs), and brief female full nudity. Frankly, this film is right on the edge of an NC-17 rating, and just two years ago probably would have had to be cut even more to get the "R".

The disk has some special features including an alternate ending, deleted scenes, and two music videos that I have not yet seen.

Gary

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I thought the movie was going to be cheesy. I was surprised by how energized Denzel Washington's performance was. He was completely over the top and my eyes were glued to the screen throughout the film. I have to say he deserved to be nominated for an Academy Award. I guess this is one of those films that some people like or don't care for. I liked it! I thought Ethan Hawke was also very good. That scene in the kitchen with the threee lowlifes really had me nervous!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I watched this movie tonight on dvd also. Turned out to be a good movie kind of departure from Denzel's normal movies so I thought it showed his acting range. I would give this 4 out of 5 stars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.