AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the latest build of Transcode360 and have it set to the default settings. I have about 15 of my dvd's converted to Nero mp4. I am using Nero 7 ultra and my video files are being converted to a cinema file at 2mbps with the resize set to custom at 720x480. All of these movies playback fine. I wanted to see what a movie would look like if I kept everything the same except for the video quality. I wanted to try 4mbps, so after converting the movie I went to try and transcode it and watch it with my 360 and it won't play it. Is 4 mbps to high for transcode?

Whats your experience transcoding h.264 files?

What Mbps are your files converted to?

Thanks

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFreezed /forum/post/0

4 mbps is not at all too high for Ethernet. it can go up to 1gbps. modem on 360 should be at least 100mbps

I didn't think it was a ethernet problem . I was more concerned about transcode not being compatible with 4mbps converted files. I have converted two movies to 4mbps and transcode wont play them.

·
Registered
631 Posts
max bit rate for transcode360 is 10000 bits. 4 mbps may indeed too much.

have you tried streaming using Media Player 7.0? I heard something about it being able to steam to 360. maybe not mp4. I haven't used it cos I am hooked on transcode360.

and just remember GIGO. encoding it on h.264 will do no good if they are DVD to begin with. XVID and DIVX is almost DVD quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.