AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order an Audio Authority Componet to VGA transcoder. This will be connected to my progressive DVD player componet out to VGA in on the AE100. Correct me if I am wrong. This set up will let me play my DVD player with the Wide 480p of the AE100. When I play 2.35 wide screen DVD's they seem to be streched out. The 1.85 fill my 16X9 screen. By using the wide 480p will the 2.35 DVD's no longer look streched? I am really confused on this issue. Do I really need a transcoder? Thanks for any help.

John

·
Registered
43 Posts
i use the AA transcoder with my pansonic rp91 and ae100. the picture is outstanding. (can't wait to see D-VHS) the transcoder has no effect on the the output except to convert it to vga. maybe there are menu adjustments on your dvd player? the rp-91 has many.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shines
i use the AA transcoder with my pansonic rp91 and ae100. the picture is outstanding. (can't wait to see D-VHS) the transcoder has no effect on the the output except to convert it to vga. maybe there are menu adjustments on your dvd player? the rp-91 has many.
Do you get noticable video noise in your picture with the AA? I have lots in mine, but it could be the cRummy video cable.

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JPinTO
But it could be the cummy video cable.
J:

Please keep this type of info to yourself. We don't need to know about it.

With setup material like this, maybe I do need to visit over here after all.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by QQQ

J:

Please keep this type of info to yourself. We don't need to know about it.

With setup material like this, maybe I do need to visit over here after all.
QQQ--- It's Friday night... Attack of the Clones and Spiderman are out in the theaters.... take the wife and go out... NOW!

So, you're saying I should try replacing the crummy video cable? Maybe I should try burning it in for awhile... that might help, and then I don't have to spend the $9 for a new one... this is the budget board after all! :D

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by QQQ
J:

Reread your quote in my post.
DOH! :D I must have read that 10 times, and didn't see that! I had no idea where you were coming from. The the rain in spain...

·
Banned
668 Posts
"Do you get noticable video noise in your picture with the AA? I have lots in mine"

What I thought was video noise turned out to be vertical banding. I can see this banding by projecting a light background with the DVD player turned off.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
No... I literally have noise that moves randomly around... like static on the screen. It's not fixed banding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.