AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know do Ineed a transcoder or can I use a component to vga break out cable to connect dvd output to ae100 vga input via vb50 pass thro. will this work ??

also can somebody post how to wire rgb component cable to vga pin #s

i did see a thread with that info but cant seem to find it

thanks

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
DVD player component outs->Breakout->VB50 VGA passthrough->AE100 VGA won't work because AE100 won't accept component via VGA--only via separate component inputs. VGA's of AE100 only accepts VGA. Thus, you would need a component->VGA transcoder to passthrough VB50. This should give better imaging than going straight into AE100's component input as I heard it's crappy compared to VGA.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
You need a transcoder. As explained above, the breakout cable will be able to convert the cable from component to VGA, but the signal is not RGBHV, which is what VGA is. Thats what you want. You need a trancoder for that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys for the info where can i get a transcoder and vb50 for the least amount of money?

ps im cheap :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
check your private mail for suggestions...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Oh.

Navigate to the top of the frame in the forum and hit the Members Area button...the hit Private Messages.

They don't want this forum to end up as a marketing forum so all that kinda talk should go private.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Would a breakout cable work if you directly hooked up the DVD player to the AE100? Or the AE100 only accepts RGBHV?

Or is the issue that the VB50 will only pass through a RGBHV signal or is it the AE100?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The AE100 only accepts RGBHV via it's VGA input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.