AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For optimum DVD quality, is it best to use a high quality vga to component transcoder from my video card to the component inputs on my Sanyo Z1 projector, or is it better to have a high quality cable running directly from the vga output on the video card to the computer input on the Z1? With the transcoder, if I set the res coming from the computer to standard 720p, would that be better or worse than having '1:1' output from the vga port, i.e. 540x960? The attraction of using the component input on the projector is there is far less fiddling involved. :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
if you going to watch your movies from HTPC .why do you need transcoder.just get a good svga cable shielded.

but if you going to watch movies from DVD player just get breakout cable. good quality.

if you going to use both of them like most of the members here.

so you need a breakout cable+2 svga cables + 4\\1 belkin svga switch.

all outputs going to belkin, then from belkin going to you pj.

all you have to do is select the output manually by pressing on belkin button.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
A direct VGA connection is best. Otherwise, you are putting the signal through two conversions (in the transcoder, and back again at the projector). Whether you set up a specific computer resolution to match your projector's native resolution, is a separate matter independent of whether you use VGA/RGB or component.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.