AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought off of a fellow forum member one of Petrs transcoder, specifically the HDC1.

I noticed on the plug pack that the member was good enough to ship with the unit that the power requirement was 9v 1.25amp.

Unfortunately the plug pack wont work here in Australia due to our 240v and I used a spare 9v plug pack I already had, but found that the colours were almost non existent and only the green component input seemed to be working, I could remove both the red and blue connections without any affect on the produced picture at all.

Its only if I remove the green connection that the picture dissapears altogether.

I looked on the plug pack I used and noticed that it was only 500mA (should have checked first)

I am assuming that the lower amps was the cause of the transcoder not working correctly and wanted to know If the new plug pack I buy has to be 1.25 amps exactly or will 1 amp suffice?

Tim

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Petr would be the best source of information.

I would recommend PM'ing or emailing the address on his website.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja77
I recently bought off of a fellow forum member one of Petrs transcoder, specifically the HDC1.

I noticed on the plug pack that the member was good enough to ship with the unit that the power requirement was 9v 1.25amp.

Unfortunately the plug pack wont work here in Australia due to our 240v and I used a spare 9v plug pack I already had, but found that the colours were almost non existent and only the green component input seemed to be working, I could remove both the red and blue connections without any affect on the produced picture at all.

Its only if I remove the green connection that the picture dissapears altogether.

I looked on the plug pack I used and noticed that it was only 500mA (should have checked first)

I am assuming that the lower amps was the cause of the transcoder not working correctly and wanted to know If the new plug pack I buy has to be 1.25 amps exactly or will 1 amp suffice?

Tim
I'd ask Petr first but you may want to err on the side of more power than less...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.